10 things to see and do in Scarborough
In no particular order we have included ten things below that are must-dos if you are living or holidaying in Scarborough:
- Beach – you can’t live or holiday in Scarborough without spending time on the iconic Scarborough beach. Soak up the sun in summer, watch the waves roll in during winter and make sure you get some sand between your toes no matter what the season!
- Stroll – Perth has some of the best coastal pathways in the nation so pick a direction (north towards Hillarys or south towards Freo) and stroll as far as your legs will carry you. There are plenty of cafes to stop at along the way but be sure to bring a drink bottle;
- Scoot – they are taking the coast by storm and everywhere you look people are hiring the little red scooters and scooting along the coast – day or night. Pick up and drop off locations are flexible so it’s a great way to stay out of the car and explore the coast while enjoying fresh air, sunshine and salty breezes;
- Swim – Scarborough is home to the $26m Scarborough Beach Pool which has outdoor pools all geothermally heated to 27 degrees all year round plus a range of leisure and fitness facilities so it has something for everyone including the little ones;
- Markets – Scarborough locals are spoilt for choice with two of the best markets in Perth located within walking distance including the Scarborough Sunset Markets (Thursday evenings in summer and Saturday afternoons in winter near the Scarborough amphitheatre) and the Summer x Salt Markets (Clarko Reserve in Trigg) from 9am to 1pm on Saturdays in summer.
- Coast – jump on board the red double decker open-top Sunset Coast Explorer which provides a free hop-on, hop-off service between Whitfords Shopping Centre and Scarborough Beach for 13 weeks over summer;
- Surf – you are never too old to learn (or give it a go!) and there are plenty of local surf schools and hire shops to help you with all the skills and equipment you need to get started;
- Play/Skate – kids of all ages are spoilt for choice along the Scarborough beachfront with plenty to do including the Whale Playground, Climbing Walls, Skate Park (and Bowl), basketball courts, parks and play areas;
- Explore – don’t just stick to the beachfront. Explore the laneways and suburbs of Scarborough and Doubleview for an amazing selection of cafes, shops, bars and galleries including Brighton Road Food Market, Dunn & Walton (organic store), St Brigid Bar or the Corner Dairy (bar/cafes), Art Space Collective (gallery), yoga studios, patisseries, florists, burger joints, pizza places, surf stores and so much more!
- Sunset – at the end of the day, grab your favourite drink and some nibbles and park yourself on Sunset Hill with friends and family to watch the sun go down. It is a uniquely West Aussie experience and one you will never forget!
No matter what your age or preferences there is always plenty to see and do in Scarborough and if you are looking to live, rent or holiday on the beachfront contact Observation Rise Realty to discuss your options.