COVID-19 impact on short stay bookings at Observation Rise
The impact of the coronavirus is being felt around the world and this is affecting short stay (holiday) bookings at Observation Rise.
AirBnB has announced eligible reservations can be cancelled without charges, including:
- Hosts who are hosting in – or welcoming guests from – severely impacted areas;
- Guests who are travelling to or from severely impacted areas;
- Anyone who can’t complete their trip due to travel restrictions.
If a reservation like this is cancelled:
- The guest will receive a full refund (including any fees);
- Hosts won’t incur any cancellation fees; and
- Hosts can accept new reservations for those dates.
AirBnB is currently providing a full refund if a booking was made on or before the 14th March 2020 with a check-in date of the 14th April or earlier. We use AirBnB as a booking platform so we are honouring this policy and are utilising a similar policy for any bookings made directly via Observation Rise Realty or HomeAway.
Yesterday (15 March 2020) the Australian Government announced that all overseas arrivals will be required to self-isolate for 14 days so we are in the process of contacting any upcoming arrivals from overseas. If you have made a short stay (holiday) booking at Observation Rise in the coming months and these changes affect you, you are encouraged to contact our property management team on +61 (08) 9245 2044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an unprecedented and rapidly evolving situation. We will work with every guest on a one-on-one basis and your patience and understanding is appreciated.